Women-Only Gulf Islands Kayak Tour For African Mamas
We’re back with our Adventure of the Heart kayaking trip (our first one in 2021 sold out)! OneLove Africa (oneloveafrica.org) and Adventuress Sea Kayaking (www.adventuress.ca) team up to support African Mamas in remote Tanzanian villages start their own business. This Gulf Islands paddling weekend (June 24 & 25) is to support a Social Enterprise in Tanzania and continue on with the 12 years of social development that founder, Suzanne Dane, has worked tirelessly at. This is a unique one-of-a-kind ‘women only’ adventure where, in addition to enjoying kayaking and the beauty of BC nature, you will experience some Tanzanian cuisine, African music and a few cultural treats and storytelling.
Tour price is only $399 (plus gst) and you will receive a tax donation receipt for $175 that goes directly to support the Mamas. You can decide where you would like your donation to go … sponsoring a woman at the Empowerment one day workshop or buy a cow or goat (you get to name ‘em).
Bond with other heartfelt women, celebrate helping our Sisters across the waters to rise above their extreme poverty and have fun, all at the same time. Call 250.755.6702 or email Jan at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to be part of this exciting venture! Book early. Limited to 10 women.
Your Adventure of the Heart package ($399/person plus 5% goods and service tax) includes:
- Two days of kayaking the magical Gulf Islands, one night of camping at a marine park
- Certified, professional and personable kayak guides
- Your choice of a single or double fibreglass kayak if you wanted to paddle with a friend
- All approved Transport Canada gear i.e. lifejacket with whistle, paddle, pump, tow rope, spray skirt
- Safety equipment – first aid kit, emergency contact numbers, VHF marine radio, cell phone, repair kit
- Camping gear – tents, tarps, dishes, stove, etc. You only need to bring a sleeping bag & pad (if you don’t have these, they can be rented for a nominal amount, just let us know ahead of time and order them on your registration form)
- Meals, snacks and beverages – 1 breakfast, 2 lunches, and 1 dinner, goodie bags for on-the-water snacks ** For this special trip you will be served a 4 course Tanzanian dinner with wine!! See Registration form to address any food allergies or dislikes.
- Dry bags to pack your personal gear in.
- Communing with Mother Nature (on the water and in the forest)!!
- Camping and park use fees
- Covid safe procedures in place
- A $175 tax donation from OneLove Africa
- Joy that you are uplifting and supporting our African Sisters