Paddle along ancient water routes with spectacular mountain vistas, hike in majestic old growth forests, camp on white shelled beaches. Gaze at swooping eagles and colourful seastars of indigo blue, gasp as whales spy hop and return to the deep. Share heartfelt conversations around a glowing campfire. Every day an adventure. Live fully. Let Adventuress take you on a trip of a lifetime.
Choose from two, three or four days of touring off the coast of beautiful Vancouver Island. Take a look and find what whets your adventure appetite! Want a little luxury? Try the Fabulous Friends Weekend, 1 night at a waterview B&B with 2 days of kayaking. These trips are just too much fun and lots of excitement!!
Your Own Special Tour….. Some ladies like to form their own group and book with Adventuress when they can get everyone’s schedule to match!! (and we know how hard that can be sometimes for us busy women!) This is a wonderful way to connect, play outside all day, enjoy that glass of wine at night, spend time with our favourite gals, and share an adventure together that will be remembered for a lifetime … it has been way too long since you have seen each other, right? So choose your favourite tour, pick some dates that are open (the earlier you can schedule this the better as summer gets nearer, Adventuress gets busier!) and get in touch with Jan. We will make your dream come true!
Broken Group Islands
Situated in Barkley Sound on the west coast of Vancouver Island, the Broken Group Islands offer spectacular kayaking among countless islands and islets. For 2017, this is part of the Women in the Wild Trip and not offered separately. View Trip Details
Gulf Islands Escape
Escape to the Islands for 3 days! Paddle the channels and the open waters in the Strait of Georgia and enjoy breathtaking views of coastal mountains. View Trip Details
Women in the Wild
Just for you gals… something very special. A combination of a 2 day in-depth Kayaking and Camping Skills followed by a 3 day kayak trip in the spectacular paddling area, Broken Group Islands. View Trip Details
Kayaking with the Orcas – Adventuress Goes Aboriginal!
Deer Group Islands
Join Adventuress for our trip to the Deer Group Islands, off the Wild West Coast of Vancouver Island. This is a fairly new destination for Adventuress and one I would like to share with you. We will be explorers together of this fabulous destination!
We will be kayaking the wind-swept islands of Tzartus, Fleming, Diana and all the myriad of islets in between. Formidable sea caves are located along the outer coasts with one we can even kayak through (given the swell height).
Evidence of First Nation history is here everywhere… with the marking of IR (Indian Reserve) on our charts to abandoned Native villages. Archeological evidence indicates an expansive village on Diana Island for several centuries and three large native villages on Tzartus Island. A trading store and church was built in the late 1800s with the sea otter trade making Ahahtsois at Dodger Cove rise in Huu-ay-acht prominence.
Come join this All Women – All Fun trip… trip number will be small, but exciting!! Look forward to you joining us!
When: August 21-24, 2017!
Where: The Deer Group Islands
Tour Launch: Meet at Port Alberni Tourism Info Centre at 7 a.m. to drive to the launch site.
Price: $849/person (plus gst).
Your Deer Group Islands Kayaking Package includes:
- 4 days of guided kayaking & 3 nights of camping
- Kayak Guide(s) – Professional, certified, knowledgeable, and very personable (no modesty here)
- Kayak – fibreglass kayak – your choice of a single or a double kayak
- Gear - PFD (lifejacket) with whistle, tow rope, pump, spray skirt, and paddle
- Detailed instruction in paddling strokes and safety procedures and personal fit to your gear and boat
- Safety equipment – extensive first aid kit, emergency contact numbers, flares, VHF marine radio, cell phone, repair kit, etc.
- Group camping equipment i.e. tents, dishes, cutlery, pots & pans, water containers, tarps, stoves
- Dry bags – two 10 litre dry bags for your clothes and personal gear and a smaller 5 litre bag for your camera, snacks, etc. for day use in your kayak.
- Meals, snacks and beverages - 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 3 dinners, goodie bags everyday for on-the-water snacks, juices, coffee, herbal and regular teas, fresh fruit and yogurt, deli meats, buns and cheeses, lots of veggies, hearty dinners, fresh breads from the bakery and cookies. Feel free to bring a bottle of wine or your favourite beverage. Note: we bring in all our water as the water sources in this area are limited. All dietary concerns are addressed in the registration form.
- Launching fees at Poett Nook
- Spectacular scenery and fun is free!
- Communing with Mother Nature on the ocean and in the woods!
Call Jan 250.755.6702 to reserve your spot and for more information.